1. Balance the books 结账、结算
determine that accounts are in balance, bring the two sides into equilibrium1, settle an account by paying what is due
确定账户处于平衡状况,力求平衡,通过支付到期款来结算账户
The accountant says he cant balance the books till our last check clears.
会计说上次的票款清理后才能给大家结账。
2. Bring home the bacon 养家糊口
earn a salary, make money for your family
赚钱养家
When our parents died in an accident, and my sister and I remained alone, I had to leave college and bring home the bacon.
爸爸妈妈意料之外死亡时,我和妹妹还没有成家。所以我不能不辍学养家。
3. Go Dutch 各自付账
share the cosplayt of something
一同支付
When I wanted to settle the bill, she insisted on going Dutch and pay for her meal.
就在我筹备结账时,她坚持各自付账,并支付了自己那份饭钱。
4. Gravy2 train 钱多活少的好差事
a source of easy money, a job that pays a lot with little work
随便得来的钱,赚钱的清闲差事
My brother took up a job in a beach restaurant and hoped to get on board the gravy train, but in fact he had to work more than in a factory.
我哥哥在沙滩边的饭店工作,原本以为自己找到了一份赚钱的清闲差事,可事实上,那儿的活儿比工厂还多。